This is a traditional weblog. That is, it’s a list of links that I think you might enjoy. Or at least find stimulating or intriguing.
Per whatis.techtarget.com: The word’s creation has been attributed to Jorn Barger, of the influential early blog Robot Wisdom. The term was created to reflect the process of “logging the web” as he browsed. … “Weblog” was shortened to “blog” in 1999 by programmer Peter Merholz.
Though the word “weblog” is where the term “blog” began, this page adheres to the original weblog traditions.
Inspiring fine artists
- Brian Rutenberg, especially his “studio visits” videos
- David Hockney, for his color and enthusiastic approach to art
Personal, real-life friends (well, mostly…)
- Lesley Riley, brilliant and original, creating innovative mixed media and fabric art
- Nancy Connolly, one of my partners-in-crime when we rebelled against a stodgy high school art teacher
- William Martin, part of Larry Gluck’s Mission:Renaissance team when I worked there, too
- Andrea Stern, whose powerful sense of color & design continue to impress me
- Cathy Johnson, artist and author and a steady source of inspiration
- Should your link be here? Let me know your art website‘s URL. (Instagram is okay, but I prefer your own blog or website where your art takes center stage. I may list Etsy shops, later, but – for now – this list is for actual blogs/websites.)