Timothy Stephen Cronin was born 25 Oct 1903 (in Cambridge, Middlesex, MA), and he was the son of John Joseph and Sarah “Sally” Louise Green Cronin.
Timothy was called “Steve” and he married Dorothy B. Steele. They had 16 children.
Dorothy’s obituary (Published in the Lowell Sun from Apr. 5 to Apr. 6, 2008)
Dorothy B. (Steele) Cronin Mother of sixteen children CHELMSFORD Mrs. Dorothy B. (Steele) Cronin, 95, of Chelmsford, formerly of Medford, MA, died Thursday, April 3, 2008, at the Fairhaven Nursing Home in Lowell.
She was the wife of the late Timothy Cronin who died Jan. 21, 1975.
Born in Malden, MA, on March 2, 1913, she was the daughter of the late Daniel and Augusta (Mahoney) Steele. She was raised in Medford, and graduated from Medford High School with the Class of 1931.
She graduated from Lawrence Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in 1933, as a Registered Nurse. She worked as a Registered Nurse at the Middlesex County Training School in North Chelmsford.
She retired in 1998 from Lowell Elder Care Services.
Mrs. Cronin was an avid reader and writer, who enjoyed storytelling. She also enjoyed gardening. She was a communicant of St. John the Evangelist Church.
She is survived by seven sons and four daughters-in-law:
- Francis and Irene Cronin of Nova Scotia, Jean Cronin of Watertown, MA
- George Cronin of Revere, MA,
- Donald Cronin of Somerville, MA
- Robert and Brenda Cronin of Lowell, MA, Timothy Cronin Jr. of Chelmsford, MA
- James Cronin of Westford,
- Gerald and Alicia Cronin of Westford, MA
Six daughters and two sons-in-law:
- Louise Gilbert of Somerville, June Pendergrass of Revere, MA
- Patricia and Robert McMurray of Florida,
- Mary Harvey of Lowell, MA,
- Paula and John Kydd of Chelmsford, MA,
- and Joann Cronin of Seattle, WA
… many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, nieces, and nephews; and dear friend, Father Paul Ritt of N. Chelmsford.
She was predeceased by three children:
- Dr. Stephen Cronin of Nashua, NH (was this Stephen Gregory Cronin, b. 18 Feb 1937, Cambridge, MA?)
- David Cronin of Watertown, MA
- and Dorothy Cronin.
CRONIN Dorothy (Steele) Cronin of Chelmsford, formerly of Medford, MA, died April 3, 2008. Funeral Monday at 8:00 A.M. from the DOLAN FUNERAL HOME, 106 MIDDLESEX ST., N. CHELMSFORD, with a funeral Mass at 9 A.M. at St. John the Evangelist Church, N. Chelmsford.
Burial Holy Cross Cemetery, Malden.
Memorials may be made in her name to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Their son Donald Cronin’s obituary (Lowell Sun, 27 – 28 Sep 2008)
Donald E. “Donnie” Cronin, of Somerville, passed away suddenly September 22, 2008 while vacationing in Italy.
Beloved husband of the late Nancy (Perry) Cronin.
- Francis of Nova Scotia,
- George of Revere,
- Robert of Lowell,
- Timothy Jr. of Chelmsford,
- James, and Gerald Cronin, both of Westford,
- Louise Gilbert of Somerville,
- June Pendergrass of Revere,
- Patricia McMurray of FL,
- Mary Harvey of Lowell,
- Paula Kydd of Chelmsford,
- Joanne Cronin of Seattle,
- the late Dr. Stephen Cronin, David Cronin, and Dorothy Cronin.
Dear companion, Sue. Also survived by many loving nieces, nephews, and pet dog, Sarah.